Friday, January 21, 2011

Projects, the Holidays, and Stuff

So, I spent the last four days gradually building back my school-going stamina. My, how I hate school. But with school back in session, so are the writing projects between my friends and me. Here they are:

The Cat and Lavi Tales by Becca, Sarah, and Emily
In truth, it's still untitled, seeing that Emily has yet to make the introduction of her own character, Rosalyn. Will it me called The Cat, Lavi, and Rosalyn Tales? I don't know. Although the plot is pretty insignificant and the alternations between the explicitly stated POV's are pretty typical among internet teen fiction, I refuse to give any details until we find a suitable place of publication (but if you wish to read the beginning chapters that have yet to be updated with revisions, you can visit Sarah's blog). But I will tell you this: it involves a town on the coast of northern California, shape shifters, fortune tellers, vampires, and demons.

The Yaoi by Becca, (Sarah,) Holly, and Emily
Also untitled, this is piece of work is a testimony to what three fan girls do with notebooks and black ink when you confine them to the school campus on the last day before the Christmas festivities after having been deprived of their life force during finals week. It's about a lawyer and a grateful client. When/If we post this, the names will be changed to protect the innocent. :D

LaKami by Becca and Sarah
A future manga (although, I've been thinking about making it a webcomic) still in the works. We have a basic summary for about 80% of the main plot and we definitely expect a bunch of arcs and extras. It'll be very shojo but set in San Francisco, so it's kind of an American take on shojo but may not turn out to be very American at all. The story is basically about three friends who open up a maid café and how the business develops and affects their friendships, futures, and (of course) love lives. Expect development art over the next four months.



My Birthday
Weeeell, I turned 16 last week on the tenth. How am I faring? I feel as though my mom is just pissing herself in anticipation to send me off. Seriously, what kind of present is a California ID? But I did get other presents: acrylic paints, brushes, a comfy pillow, a hamburger shaped USB, some hair clips, and a big-ass gummy bear (that I am using as a dvd bookend until I get especially in the mood for gummy goodness).

Which leads me to Art: the acrylic paints! The Rowney kind from Walmart. But paint is paint, me love! So far, my experimentation time takes place in the dead of the night (which may explain the intro for my last post). I have some good ideas for an illustration poster for LaKami, but I'll save those for this summer. I'm also hoping to get something done for Sandra's birthday in March (since she's been requesting something in black and white for some time, and so far I've gotten the hang of using the black paint) and something for Holly's birthday in June (her much anticipated illustration of her and Harry Potter making out). Things are looking up in the art department.


One last thing: art contests.

Doodle 4 Google is until March 2, so redesign the Google logo according to your fantasy career/life plans.

The 2nd Annual First Amendment Cartoon Contest is hosted by the Judiciary of California and Constitutional Rights Foundation. Draw a one panel or short comic about this year's topics: freedom of assembly and the press (I think).


Go forth and conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment