Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekends and Webcomics

Scrimmage and church was interesting and snackful. You can read all about it on Em's blog. This weekend was pretty much a preview of what'll happen next weekend: test studying and food. Hopefully there will be no lines reminiscent of the Depression Era involved.

So I thought I'd dedicate this to the webcomics I read! Which only consists of three.


by Tessa Stone
★★★★★

The comicker describes it as sugar-coated horror, which it is but it would be more correctly described as hilarious sugar-coated horror. It's about a self-proclaimed paranormal investigator named Hanna and his escapades as told through the narration of his undead assistant. I HIGHLY recommend this one to pretty much anybody! Tess's updates can be pretty sporadic at times (although she is getting better), but it's all very worth it.


by Der-Shing Helmer
★★★1/2

As far as posting goes, this comic is still in the slightly confusing exposition (which is upsetting, seeing that it's been around since 2007). The setting is Star Wars esque (sans the light beams and space ships), so it is definitely interesting to explore what Helmer has created. There's action, there's drama, and there's definitely been a lot of suspense (the update goal is supposedly 2 pages a week, I have yet to witness that). It's hard to really describe it so early on, but if you're into SciFi/Action, you'll like this.


by Lora Innes
★★★★

The story is about the double life of Bea, a teenaged girl who has to juggle between the her normal life in the 21st century and the epic dreams she has where it seems that she can travel back to the American Revolution. Romance in this novel is key! I recommend this to any history fan girl who used to romantically dream about being able to go back in time.


I hope some of you decide to take the time to read these (especially the ones I gave the higher ratings to). I might go back and reevaluate these in three months time or go back and discuss recent developments.


As for my art career: I still have to make that cover and by the end of the four day weekend I'll have something ready for Holly's background. I still have to ask what she wants, but hopefully it'll come out nicely.

I've been playing around with deviantart's muro program. I'm still learning how to use it and so far it's been interesting. I'm not sure how to use the layers and I've been looking for a tutorial (to no avail). Perhaps there is digital art around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment